第1个回答 2012-09-30
第一段演讲
We knew the world would not be the same
我们知道世界不会和过去一样了
A few people laughed
少数人笑
A few people cried
少数人哭泣
Most people were silent
剩下的人都是沉默
I remembered
我记得
The line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita
那条印度教中的教义,那《大神圣歌》
Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince
毗瑟努(三步神) 试着去说服王子
That he should do his duty
去尽他应尽的本分
And to impress him
为了让他铭记
Takes on his multi-armed form and says
毗瑟努显现他的千臂然后说
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."
“现在我成为死亡本身,那无尽世界的摧毁者”
I suppose we all thought that
我猜想我们都想过这个问题
One way or another
只是不同方式罢了
第二段演讲
There's a time, when the operation of the machine becomes so odious.
有这么一个时代,操作机械变得如此令人讨厌
Makes you so sick at heart
它让你变得如此身心俱疲
That you can't take part, you can't even passively take part
以至于你不能参与这项工作,甚至不能被动的参与
And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels,upon the levers,upon all the apparatus
你不得不把你的身体放在齿轮,轮子,杠杆,仪器上面
And you've got to make it stop...
你不得不让它们停止本回答被提问者采纳