英语笔记‖break、<傲慢与偏见>

如题所述

第1个回答  2022-07-04
Let's make a pact.We don't break up.

我们做个约定吧,累了也不分手。

Clearly a hug can solve the problem.It is said to break up.

明明一个拥抱就能解决的问题,偏偏要说分手。

Their car break down.

他们的车子出故障了。

Will you break down these walls and pull me through?

你能推到这些墙,拉我出来吗?

Robbers broken in.

强盗闯了进来。

If you break in on someone's conversation,you interrupt them.

如果别人交谈时你插嘴,你就打断他们了。

He two men break out of their cells and cut though a perimeter fence.

这两个人逃出牢房,并超过了围墙。

tolerable <adj>过得去的、可容忍的

consequence <n> 重要性、后果

slight <v> 轻视、忽视

at present 目前、现在

waste time 浪费时间

She is tolerable;but not handsome enough to tempt me.

她还可以,但还没漂亮到能打动我。

and I am in no humour at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men.

眼前我可没兴趣去抬举那些受到别人冷眼看待的小姐。

you had better return to your partner and enioy her smiles,for you are wasting your time with me.

你最好回到你的舞伴身边去欣赏她的笑脸吧,犯不着把时间浪费在我的身上。

即学即用:

当你不愿意做某事,但别人一直喋喋不休时,就可以说

you're wasting your time (with me )
相似回答